Polk County Board of Commissioners’ June 18 meeting agenda
Published 8:00 am Saturday, June 16, 2018
1. Call to Order – Chairman Johnson.
2. Invocation – Vice-Chairman Yoder.
3. Pledge of Allegiance – Commissioner Bradley.
4. Approval of Agenda – Agenda items may be added and/or deleted at this time. Motion to approve.
5. Consent Agenda
A) May 7, 2018 regular meeting minutes’ approval.
B) Tax Department April & May 2018 refund request – $2,904.77.
C) Schedule a public hearing on July 16, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. to take public comment on a proposed amendment to the Subdivision Ordinance.
D) Schedule a public hearing on July 16, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. to take public comment on the proposed amendment to the Wireless Telecommunication Ordinance.
Motion to approve consent agenda. Pages 1-9.
6. Citizen Comments on Agenda Items
7. Citizen Comments on Non-Agenda Items
8. Budget Amendments – BA #91, DSS, $18,859 – To transfer amount remaining in capital from the DSS budget that was approved on 5/7/18 to renovate DSS office space to include Transportation offices.
Sandra Hughes, Finance Director, will present this budget amendment, and any others that may need approval for the FY 2017/18 budget. Motion to approve. Pg 10.
9. FY 2018/19 Polk County Annual Budget – Budget work sessions were held on May 21, 2018 and June 4, 2018. The budget public hearing was held on June 4, 2018. The Budget Ordinance is in the packet. Motion to approve. Pages 11-18.
10. Polk County Purchasing Policy and Uniform Guidance Procurement Policy Addendum – Sandra Hughes, Finance Director will present the revised policy and addendum. Motion to approve. Pages 19-38.
11. Resolution Authorizing Polk County to Engage in Electronic Payments – Sandra Hughes, Finance Director will present the resolution. Motion to approve. Page 39.
12. Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2017 – The certificate is the highest form of recognition in the area of governmental accounting and financial reporting and will be presented to Finance Director Sandra Hughes. Pages 40-41.
13. Vaya Health’s Strategic Planning Overview – Brian Ingham with Vaya Health will present the information and discuss the Medicaid transformation. Pages 42-54.
14. Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) Traffic Plan Update – Mike Cook, Emergency Planner TIEC will present the information.
15. Introduction of Senior Services Manager – Joshua Kennedy, Consolidated Human
Services Director will introduce Haley Suskauer.
16.Home and Grant Community Block Grant – Joshua Kennedy, Consolidated Human Services Director will present the information.
17. Farmland Protection Plan Update – Dawn Jordan, Agricultural Economic Director, will present the recommendation from the Agricultural Advisory Committee to request pursuing an updated Farmland Protection Plan. Motion to approve. Page 55.
18. Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions for Tax Parcels P53-23 and P71-98 – Jerry Stensland Recreation Director, and Jana Berg County Attorney will present. Pages 56-65.
19. Resolution Amending the Animal Control Ordinance – Jana Berg, County Attorney will present the resolution. Motion to approve. Page 66.
20. Manager’s Report – 1) Collins Dental and Blue Ridge Health Center 2) State grant money for outer circle public safety during World Equestrian Games.
21. Volunteer Boards for Vote – Agricultural Advisory Board 1 applicant, 3 vacancies; Harmon Field Board 1 applicant, 2 vacancies; Isothermal Community College (ICC) Board of Trustees 1 applicant, 1 vacancy. Motion to approve. Pages 67-69.
22. Volunteer Boards for Review – ETDC 1 applicant, I vacancy; Harmon Field Board 2 applicants, 1 vacancy. Pages 70-72.
23. Commissioner Comments
24. Closed Session – Motion to go into closed session for the purpose of personnel.
25. Return to Open Session – Motion to return to open session.
26. Adjournment – Motion to adjourn.