Top 10 reasons to join the Tryon Women’s Golf Association
Published 10:00 pm Tuesday, March 21, 2017
New season starts March 28
On Tuesday, March 28, Tryon Women’s Golf Association (TWGA) kicks off its 2017 season.
Ten reasons you should consider Tryon Country Club and specifically, the Tryon Women’s Golf Association, are:
1. It’s fun. TWGA is as much a social organization as we are a golf association. In fact, ‘Let’s do lunch after golf’ is our motto! (Not really, but close.)
2. Weekly outings. TWGA games are every Tuesday morning March through October. Women only, 9 holes or 18, your choice. Play as much or as little as you like.
3. It’s a great way to meet new friends. TWGA includes women of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels.
4. You don’t have to be a great golfer… or even a good golfer. No one judges ability. All you need is a set of clubs and a good attitude. For those who are interested in learning the game or improving, TCC offers a clinic every Monday morning for members and non-members.
5. Gain confidence. It’s amazing what happens when you hear encouragement from a fellow player, or have the chance to say ‘well done’ to another.
6. Get to know other club members. (If you are not a member of Tryon Country Club and know another lady who is, ask her about joining us one Tuesday to check it out.)
7. Enjoy nature and some exercise.
8. Take in the charms of a historic gem. This is our town’s 100-year-old masterpiece, designed by legendary Scotsman, Donald Ross, considered the father of golf course design.
9. Monthly luncheons, special gatherings and tournaments.
10. It’s a bargain.
For more information, call 828 859-9561 and ask for Director of Golf Gerald Weathers.
– article submitted Jennifer Grabosky