Good Friday service at Congregational Church April 6
Published 4:41 pm Wednesday, April 4, 2012
The Thermal Belt Ministerial Association invites the community to the annual Good Friday worship service on Friday, April 6 at noon at the Congregational Church, located at 210 Melrose Ave. in Tryon.
Ministers participating in this service are:
• Dr. Bob Barrows, pastor of the Congregational Church
• Rev. Jeffrey Harris, pastor of First Baptist Church of Tryon
• Dr. Dent Davis, pastor of Tryon Presbyterian Church
• Rev. Stephen Abe, pastor of Mill Creek Church of the Brethren in Green Creek
• The Very Rev. Dr. Michael Doty, rector of Holy Cross Episcopal Church on Melrose Ave. in Tryon
• The Rev. Deacon Marilyn Walters, Holy Cross Episcopal Church in Tryon
• Rev. Mary A. Potter, minister of Christian education and pastoral care at Tryon Presbyterian Church
• Rev. Phillip Dunford, interim pastor of Columbus Presbyterian Church
Other churches that participate in the Thermal Belt Ministerial Association are the Seventh Day Adventist Church, Tryon United Methodist Church, Landrum United Methodist Church, Grace Community Church in Tryon and Saluda United Methodist Church. Hospice of the Carolina Foothills also participates.
The offering for the day will be given to Thermal Belt Outreach Ministry in Columbus. The Rev. Stephen Abe, pastor of Mill Creek Church of the Brethren in Green Creek, will bring the meditation. Everyone is welcome.
– article submitted by Rev. Mary A. Potter