Tryon face-to-face duplicate bridge beginning again
In accordance with CDC protocols and an overwhelming response by local bridge players, Foothills Duplicate Bridge Games will be played again in person beginning in June. Games will be played at the same times and location (Tryon Congregational Church, Fellowship Hall) as they were pre-Covid. The games are scheduled as follows:
- Thursdays at 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. – beginning June 3
- Fridays at 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. – beginning June 4
Following are the requirements to play duplicate bridge in person in Tryon:
- Must have had both Pfizer or Moderna vaccine shots or the one Johnson and Johnson vaccine shot and have had a 2-week period elapsed since the last shot.
- Must bring your vaccine card or a photo (on your phone is ok) of your card the first time you play. A record will be kept by the club.
- Anyone who has not presented his/her vaccine card may not play until it has been presented and noted. Anyone who has not been fully vaccinated and completed the 2-week period afterwards, for whatever reasons, will not be permitted to play.
In the future, these rules will be reviewed and may change in accordance with CDC protocols.
The Foothills Bridge on-line games will be discontinued.
For more information call Sally Jo Carter at 828-859-6780.
Submitted by Helen Clement