Manhunt suspect identified
Campobello police say public no longer in danger
CAMPOBELLO—The Campobello Police Department sent out an alert Wednesday that a man had broke into a home and a manhunt was ongoing.
The police department sent a message for residents to lock their doors and stay inside.
Later in the day officials said they identified the person of the manhunt and that he was no longer a threat to the community.
The department said warrants had been issued for his arrest.
The police department has not named the suspect, but did say he was a white male in his 20s, with black hair, a thin build and around 6 feet tall.
The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission has closed the Big Bradley Falls Trail on the Green River Game Lands until further... read more