Polk County businesses contributing to state tourism sweepstakes
Published 8:00 am Tuesday, December 25, 2018
From a come-to-life cover to a 57-item bucket list, the “Official 2019 North Carolina Travel Guide” inspires travelers to seek first-time experiences that create enduring memories in destinations from the mountains to the sea, state representatives said.
The guide was released last week in print and digital editions.
“The ‘Firsts That Last’ theme goes beyond highlighting North Carolina’s historic firsts to celebrating the personal firsts that come with traveling across the state,” said Wit Tuttell, executive director of Visit North Carolina. “People will forever connect place with a first sip of Cheerwine or moonshine, hearing music and tracing its genes to where it’s performed, or riding into the scenery on horseback. It’s all about immersing yourself in the moment and discovering something new.”
Coinciding with the launch of the book is a sweepstakes, with prize packages inspired by the three covers of the guide.
Among the rewards is a trip to the Polk County Foothills for ziplining, rappelling, rafting and wine tasting. The package includes:
• A three-night bed and breakfast stay at Tryon’s GreenLife Inn at the Mimosa
• A canopy tour for two at Saluda’s The Gorge Zipline
• A waterfall rappelling trip for two with Saluda’s Green River Adventures
• A guided whitewater trip for two with Saluda’s Green River Adventures
• Two passes to Saluda’s Pearson’s Falls
• A wine tasting for two at Tryon’s Overmountain Vineyards
• A gift certificate for Columbus’ Southern Manners
• Dinner for two at Huckleberry’s Tryon
• A gift certificate for Tryon Coffeehouse
The other prize packages are an Outer Banks stay, with hang-gliding lessons and passes to Wright Brothers National Memorial; and a Raleigh getaway, with destination dining, craft beer and cocktails, and jeans from Raleigh Denim.
The “Official 2019 North Carolina Travel Guide” is free. The 176-page print edition is available at the state’s nine welcome centers; it can also be ordered at VisitNC.com and 800-847-4862 (800-VISITNC). Readers can also find the digital magazine version at VisitNC.com.
– Submitted article