Friends of Polk County Public Libraries Spring Book Sale begins May 9
The Friends of the Polk County Public Libraries will host its Spring Book Sale from May 9 to 12 at the Columbus Library at 1289 W. Mills St.
The sale will feature thousands of gently used items, including a wide array of fiction and nonfiction titles in hardcover and paperback, as well as DVDs and CDs. Items at the Friends Spring Book Sale have been donated by members of the community or withdrawn from circulation at the Polk County Public Libraries. Many items at the sale will be priced at $1 or less.
All proceeds from the Spring Book Sale help the nonprofit group support Polk County Public Libraries. Projects and initiatives the organization help fund include the children’s summer reading program, special events, professional development opportunities for library staff, appreciation events for library volunteers and free programs and speakers for our community.
The Spring Book Sale hours are as follows:
• Special preview sale exclusively for current friends and for those who join the group the day at the sale, 3-7 p.m., Wednesday, May 9. Annual friends memberships are $10 for individuals and $15 for families living in the same household. Individual lifetime memberships are $100.
• 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday, May 10
• 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, May 11. Selected books will be free starting at 3 p.m. that day.
• 9 a.m to 3 p.m., Saturday, May 12
• The $5 bag sale is from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 12
The friends is still welcoming donations of books to and volunteers for the sale. Donations may be dropped off at the Columbus Library.
To coordinate large donations and to sign up for a volunteer spot at the Spring Book Sale, contact Friends of the Polk County Public Libraries Vice President Kathleen O’Nan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more about how you can become a Friend of the Polk County Public Libraries, visit polklibrary.org/support/friends.
-Submitted by Kathleen O’Nan
Polk County’s Office of Agricultural Economic Development and Polk County Farm Bureau invites the public to the seventh Friends of... read more