Columbus McDonald’s evacuated for gas leak

Published 7:49 pm Thursday, February 15, 2018

COLUMBUS– The McDonald’s in Columbus was evacuated early Thursday evening, Feb. 15 after a gas leak was detected.

Columbus Fire Chief Tony Priester said the department received a call for a gas smell around 5 p.m. Thursday and firefighters detected a gas leak around the fryer and shut off the gas.

Firefighters evacuated the restaurant and contacted PSNC and they confirmed the fryer hose was leaking.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Priester said the Columbus Fire Department turned the scene over to the maintenance supervisor and cleared the scene at 7 p.m.

He said McDonald’s was still closed Thursday night waiting on maintenance to repair the leak.