September is Hunger Action Month
September is Hunger Action Month – Feeding America’s awareness campaign to bring together our national network of food banks to raise awareness and fight hunger.
It’s easy to participate in Hunger Action Month right here in Polk County. A few ideas include:
• Contact Volunteer Coordinator Barb Powell to volunteer in Thermal Belt Outreach Ministry’s food pantry (email@example.com or 828-894-2988)
• Purchase tickets and attend Outreach’s Empty Bowls Fundraiser on Sept. 30 (www.tboutreach.org for more information and to purchase tickets)
• Host a food drive at church, work, in your neighborhood or with a group of friends
• Wear orange on Hunger Action Day (Sept. 14) and tell people why
To learn more about how to get involved at Outreach, contact Volunteer Coordinator Barb Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-894-2988.
Outreach is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that has served Polk County residents for 25 years. The organization’s mission is to provide compassionate assistance to Polk County residents who are unable to provide for their basic life needs. For more information on Outreach, please visit www.tboutreach.org or call 828-894-2988.
– submitted by Margot Carter