Polk County Board of Commissioners’ regular meeting agenda
Published 4:05 pm Friday, August 4, 2017
Editor’s note: following is the agenda for the Polk County Board of Commissioner meeting on Monday, Aug.7. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in the R. Jay Foster Hall of Justice, located on the second floor of the Womack building in Columbus.
1. Call to Order Regular Meeting – Chairman Melton
2. Invocation – Vice-Chairman Johnson
3. Pledge of Allegiance – Chairman Bradley
41. Approval of Agenda – Agenda items may be added and/or deleted at this time. Motion to approve.
5. Consent Agenda
A) Approval of the July 17, 2017, work session and regular meeting minutes.
B) Approval of Tax Department written refund requests totaling $11,943.98.
C) VAYA quarterly fiscal monitoring report.
Motion to approve the consent agenda
6. Citizen Comments Agenda Items
7. Citizen Comments Non-Agenda Items
8. After School Program – Aaron Greene, Superintendent Polk County Schools will be present to discuss program changes. Approval of Polk County Recreation Department Budget Amendment #1 for reduction in revenue/expenditure for after school program. Motion to approve
9. Broadband Committee – Bruce Yelton, MIS Director will give an update on the Broadband Survey.
10. Grant Project Budget Ordinance & Budget Amendment – Sandra Hughes will present the Grant Project Budget Ordinance – Looking Glass Creamery Water Project, $227,500 to fund approved project application from the 6/19/17 BOC meeting. Motion to approve.
Budget Amendment #7, Capital Reserve Transfer, $34,125 – Grant project fund for County’s participation portion. Motion to approve.
11. Purchasing Policy Review – Manager Pittman & Sandra Hughes, Finance Director will discuss reviewing and updating the policy. Consensus needed to direct staff to review and make recommendations for this policy.
12. Polk County Tourism Development Authority – Manager Pittman & Attorney Berg will discuss.
13. Manager’s Report – (1) Polk County Law Enforcement Facility Construction Update, Paul Luzier, Mosely Architects. (2) Water Regionalization Project Schedule Update, Manager Pittman.
14. Volunteer Boards for Vote – Consolidated Human Services Board – 1 application, 1 vacancy. Motion to approve..
15. Volunteer Boards for Review – Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC) – 1 application, 1 vacancy.
16. Commissioner Comments
17. Closed Session – Motion to go into closed session, attorney-client privilege, acquisition of real property, and personnel, G.S. 143-318.11(a)(3)(5)(6).
18. Return to Open Session – Motion to return to open session.
19. Adjournment – Motion to adjourn.