Agenda for Aug. 19 Board of Commissioners meeting
Editor’s note: The first five agenda items include the call to order, invocation, pledge of allegiance, approval of minutes and approval of agenda. The Bulletin will print the board of commissioners agendas at the editorial staff’s discretion prior to each meeting.
5. Certificate of achievement for excellence in financial reporting
6. Polk County Schools budget amendment
7. Property tax refund request
9. Veterans Day celebration – Polk County has been selected as a regional site for the celebration of Veterans Day.
10. Saluda Senior Center repairs – to consider a proposal for only basic enclosure of the building’s porch.
11. Mental health maintenance of effort funds proposal
12. Turner Shoals Dam analysis report and inspection proposals
13. Budget amendment – 1) Capital reserve – dam repair, water enterprise fund, $32,290; to transfer amounts reserved for dam repair to the water operating fund.
14. NC Forest Service contract – to consider a contract with the NC Forest Service
15. Planning board ordinance – to continue discussions begun during the Aug. 5 regular BOC meeting. The board will need to set a public hearing regarding these amendments for Sept. 9
16. NC DENR local water supply plan resolution – to consider a resolution regarding the local water supply plan.
17. Hwy. 9 waterline
18. Waterline extension policy and status of waterline extensions
19. Procedure for changes to county policies
20. DSS building
21. Volunteer board for vote: adult care home advisory committee – one application, five vacancies; Council on Aging – one application, four regular vacancies; library board of trustees – three applications, two regular vacancies; mental health advisory board – one application, four regular vacancies; recreation advisory board – two applications, one regular vacancy.
22. Volunteer boards for review: Columbus Fire District tax commission – one application, three regular vacancies; ETDC – three applications, three regular vacancies; JCPC – one application, two regular vacancies; mental health advisory board – one application, three regular vacancies; recycling advisory board – one application, one regular vacancy and one alternate vacancy; transportation advisory board – one application, one regular vacancy; Tryon Fire District tax commission – one application, three regular vacancies.
Vendors, amusement rides and fireworks will make up Columbus’ first Labor Day Weekend Festival Aug. 30-31. (photos by Samantha Hurst)... read more