USDA Farm Service Agency seeks reports of farm damage

Published 4:53 pm Monday, August 12, 2013

Reports made within next 15 days

Polk County has experienced heavy rainfall and flooding in many areas.

It is imperative that farmers who have experienced damages to crops, pasture, livestock, farmland, farm buildings, farm equipment, or conservation structures, contact the USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) in Hendersonville to report the extent of those damages.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

It is also very important that damages are documented by pictures and/or notes specifying the nature of the incident, when it occurred, and the magnitude of the damage.

Any producer that has NAP coverage should report crop losses to the FSA Office by filling out a Notice of Loss in person no later than 15 days after the disaster.

Do not destroy any crops before a loss adjuster has a chance to inspect them.

Call 828-693-1406, ext. 2 to report any damages.

– article submitted  by Kelly R. Springs