Polk County Commissioner’s Monday, April 22 agendas
Published 7:50 pm Thursday, April 18, 2013
Editor’s note: The first five agenda items include the Call to order, invocation, pledge of allegiance, approval of minutes and approval of agenda. The Bulletin will print the Board of Commissioners agendas at the editorial staff’s discretion prior to each meeting.
Call to Order of the First Public Hearing – To take public comment on the proposed ordinance, “An Amendment to the Polk County Zoning Ordinance Establishing a New Zoning District to be known as Equestrian District and Amendment to the Polk County Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map Rezoning Certain Area as Equestrian District.”
Call to Order of the Second Public Hearing – To take public comment on an ordinance to approve entering into a proposed development agreement between Tryon Equestrian Properties, LLC, Tryon Equestrian Properties No. 2, LLC and the County of Polk.
Regular BOC Meeting
• An Amendment to the Polk County Zoning Ordinance Establishing a New Zoning District to be known as Equestrian District and Amendment to the Polk County Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map Rezoning Certain Area as Equestrian District – To consider the zoning ordinance amendment.
• Proposed Development Agreement & Ordinance Between Tryon Equestrian Properties, LLC, Tryon Equestrian Properties No. 2, LLC and the County of Polk – To consider the development agreement and ordinance between Tryon Equestrian Properties and Polk County.
• Polk County Community Child Protection Team 2012 Annual Report
• Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC) Annual County Plan & Funding Authorization
• Economic & Tourism Development Commission (ETDC) Status Report
• Agricultural Economic Development (AED) Report
• North Carolina Division of Water Quality Clean Water Act Grant Award – Commissioner Gasperson asked that this item be placed on the agenda.
• ADM Funds – Sunny View School & Early College – The Polk County Board of Education approved the use of ADM funds for the payment of design and engineering fees for the construction projects at Sunny View Elementary School and the Polk County Early College
• North Carolina Education Lottery Funds Resolution
• Parks & Recreation Trust Fund (PARTF) Resolution – To consider a resolution asking the State to maintain and support the current integrity and funding of the PARTF.
• Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act Resolution
Commissioner Terms Resolution
• Budget Amendment/Addition – To increase budget for grant proceeds received in the prior year but not spent and therefore held in deferred revenue. Grant funds are needed to repair an ambulance engine.
• Manager’s Report – Western Highlands LME update.
• May 6, 2013, Regular BOC Meeting – to discuss cancelling the May 6, 2013, regular BOC meeting and instead holding a joint meeting with the Farmland Preservation Board and the Soil & Water Conservation Board at 7 p.m. in the auditorium of the Mill Spring Ag Center.