Tryon Riding & Hunt Club announces 2013 scholarships
Published 9:22 am Friday, April 5, 2013
TR&HC Events is proud to be supporting equine enthusiasts in Polk, Henderson, Rutherfordton, Spartanburg, and Greenville counties. This year the organization will continue to offer educational scholarships to equestrian-oriented high school graduating seniors and those individuals currently attending an institution of higher learning who seek further individual development through additional educational programs.
Amount of scholarship may vary, but will be no lower than $500.
Recipients of the TR&HC Education Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
• Either a graduating senior accepted to a higher educational program or an individual currently entered in a higher educational program. First priority for award selection will be given to high school seniors.
• Be a member of a local/national equine organization such as the TR&HC, BRHJA, U.S. Pony Club, Tryon Hounds, Green Creek Hounds, USEF, USEA or actively participating in the equine industry in North Carolina Counties of Polk, Hendersonville, Rutherfordton and South Carolina Counties of Spartanburg and Greenville.
• Those applicants demonstrating the greatest financial need will be considered first in the awards process.
• Complete an application, financial need statement and interview.
• Applicants may not be related to any TR&HC Board of Director member, officer, or employee.
Applicants may request an application from the TR&HC office beginning in February 2013. Applications must be submitted by May 1, 2013. Each applicant will be contacted for an interview in late May.
The 2013 TR&HC Education Scholarship will be awarded in May 2013. Contact TR&HC Events for more information, at email@example.com; www.trhcevents.org; 828-863-0480.
-article submitted by Laura Weicker