‘Catch a Second Wind’ scholarship opportunity
Published 11:46 am Wednesday, March 27, 2013
The Second Wind Hall of Fame is an organization that gives recognition to retirees who have done outstanding volunteer work in organizations in the Thermal Belt community. These honorees have a taken on a “second wind” of opportunity to serve mankind.
The organization also raises funds to provide scholarships for adults in the community who are seeking additional education or training in their current career, or in a new career.
“Catch A Second Wind” scholarships provide needed funds for an adult who:
1. Is at least a high school graduate.
2. Has exemplary personal qualities, is a good citizen and is “deserving” and industrious.
3. Is already in the workplace (or has been) and has demonstrated a good work ethic.
4. Can demonstrate material benefit to be gained by additional training.
5. Plans to attend an accredited public or private college, university, community college or a recognized technical or vocational institution.
If interested, an application may be requested by writing to SWHF Scholarship Committee, PO Box 711, Tryon, N.C. 28782.
– article submitted by Lynn Montgomery