Columbus reminder of new yard sale sign regulations
Published 2:51 pm Wednesday, March 14, 2012
The yard sale season is now fast approaching, and Town of Columbus officials said they wanted to remind town residents about new yard sale sign requirements passed on Dec. 15, 2011.
Previously, yard sale signs were prohibited within the town limits. The new regulations allow yard sale signs to be placed within town limits under the following provisions:
• Signs shall be placed no earlier than 24 hours before the sale and shall be removed no later than noon of the day after the sale.
• One on-premise sign and no more than three off-premise signs are allowed.
• Each sign shall not exceed 3 square feet in area.
• Signs shall display owner’s address.
Failure to follow the above guidelines or to remove the signs within the proper time frame shall result in a fine as set forth in the town fee schedule. Town staff will monitor any yard sale signs to ensure they comply. Town officials said they hope these new regulations are flexible enough to allow citizens to hold successful yard sales within the town limits.
Questions or concerns about the new ordinance, contact Columbus Town Hall at 828-894-8236.
– article submitted by the Town of Columbus