Carters’ Memorial Day memorable with fire call

Published 7:56 pm Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Tryon Fire Department responded to a fire call at Robert and Margot Carters house on Melrose Lane Monday.

Tryon Fire Chief Joey Davis said the fire department responded to a call that the houses breaker box was smoking.

We think lightning ran in on it, Davis said.

Sign up for our daily email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Davis said all the breakers were melted, but that there was minimal damage to the house.

The matter was quickly turned over to Duke Power and no mutual assistance was needed from other fire departments in the area.