Fireplace fire damages Landrum home Wednesday
A fire in Landrum late Wednesday night heavily damage a home.
According to Landrum Fire Chief Jimmy Flynn, the Landrum Fire Department was dispatched around 10 p.m. Wednesday to a home on Asheville Highway in the proximity of Bomar and Landrum Mill Road.
No one was at home at the time of the fire.
Flynn said the fire was investigated by his department and the Spartanburg County, S.C. Fire Marshals Office and has been ruled accidental, caused by an unattended fireplace.
Flynn said there was heavy damage caused to about half of the house.
After looking into the security problems which allowed a prisoner to escape Jan. 18, Polk County Sheriff Donald Hill says... read more