TES receives Title I Distinguished SchoolPublished 4:50pm Tuesday, November 27, 2012
The National Title I Distinguished Schools program recognizes exemplary Title I schools that hold students to high standards and demonstrate exemplary school effectiveness in:
• teaching and learning based on the approved state curriculum,
• use of research-based instructional strategies,
• opportunities provided for all students to achieve,
• established partnerships with parents, families, and the community,
• implementation of sustained research-based professional development, and
• innovation and modeling for other schools.
Selected schools are recognized in one of two categories. Schools in Category I are recognized for showing a high level of sustained student achievement. Schools in Category II are recognized for making significant progress in closing the achievement gap between student groups.
More stories, information, and resources about the program are available on the web at www.ncpublicschools.org/program-monitoring/distinguished.
– article submitted by Kim McCool