Tryon Founders Day coming August 31
The Tryon Historical Museum is hard at work planning a special event to observe the 150th Anniversary of the founding of Tryon. There will be a special event in downtown Tryon on August 31 to celebrate the rich history of Tryon and all its organizations. This will be weekend-long event which will include:
Friday, August 30
- Historical program and reception at TFAC
Saturday, August 31
- The Cherokee Anikituhwa Warriors will perform at Tryon Theatre
- A showing of a Betty Frost program at Tryon Theater as well
- Cherokee, Revolutionary War, Overmountain Men and Civil War encampments at Harmon Field
- Civil War battle reenactments on Saturday and Sunday
There are many other events planned for this weekend. Stayed tuned for more information leading up to the event. As many as 75 local organizations and churches are being invited to participate.
Participants will be set up along the four blocks of Trade Street. In addition to all the organizational displays, there will be people in costume, representing some of the notables from Tryon history. Participating organizations are encouraged to wear costumes that reflect the year your organization was formed.
We are really excited about educating residents and visitors about the rich history of Tryon, NC. We want to show off what a wonderful town we have. Hope to hear from you by August 9, 2019. If you have questions, please contact Audrey.
Submitted by Wanda May