Polk County Board of Commissioners March 5 agenda
Published 8:00 am Saturday, March 3, 2018
Editor’s note: following is the agenda for the Polk County Board of Commissioner meeting on Monday, March 5. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in the R. Jay Foster Hall of Justice, located on the second floor of the Womack building in Columbus.
1. Call to Order of the Public Hearing Regarding an Application for a Building Reuse Program Grant from the North Carolina Department of Commerce Rural Division – Chairman Johnson. The purpose of the public hearing is to receive citizen input on the grant application to provide funds to assist with the renovation of an existing manufacturing facility. The grant will require a 5 percent local match of $12,500. Brian Griffin, business development director will present the information. The public hearing was properly advertised in the Tryon Daily Bulletin, and information is included in the packet under Agenda Item #15.
2. Citizen Comments
3. Commissioner Comments
4. Adjournment – Motion to adjourn the public hearing.
5. Call to Order of Regular Meeting – Chairman Johnson
6. Invocation – Commissioner Melton
7. Pledge of Allegiance – Chairman Johnson
8. Approval of Agenda – Agenda items may be added and/or deleted at this time. Motion to approve.
9. Consent Agenda
A) Cancel the April 2, 2018, Board of Commissioners meeting.
B) Tax Department February 2018 refund request – $1,175.57.
Motion to approve consent agenda.
10. Citizen Comments on Agenda Items
11. Citizen Comments on Non-Agenda Items
12. Transportation Title VI Program Plan – Joshua Kennedy, Consolidated human services director, will be present. Motion to approve.
13. Polk County Library/Saluda Branch Recognition – Commissioner Melton asked for this item to be on the agenda. Rishara Finsel, library director will be present.
14. Gould Killian CPA Group, PA Audit Contract for Year Ending June 30, 2018 – Sandra Hughes, finance director, will be present. Motion to approve.
15. Acceptance of Bids for Surplus Real Property – Tax Parcels P69-40 and P69-49 received a bid of $11,812.50; Tax Parcel P42-37 received a bid of $3,772.25. Motion to accept bids and designate funds to Economic Development Capital Reserve after all fees and taxes are paid.
16. NC Department of Commerce’s Rural Division, Building Reuse Program Grant Resolution – Brian Griffin, business development director, will present the grant information and resolution. Motion to approve.
17. Schedule a Public Hearing to Amend the Polk County Zoning Ordinance & Zoning Map Concerning Equestrian, Equestrian Village, and Multiple Use Zoning Districts – Cathy Ruth, Planner, will present the request to schedule the public hearing in the R. Jay Foster Hall of Justice, Womack Building, to take public comment on the proposed amendments to the Polk County Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map. Motion to approve.
18. Uniform Addressing and Road Naming Ordinance – County Attorney Berg will present the information. Motion to Approve.
19. Volunteer Boards for Vote – 1 applicant, 1 vacancy for the Economic and Tourism Development Commission.
20. Volunteer Boards for Review – There are no applicants to review.
21. Commissioner Comments
22. Closed Session – Motion to go into closed session for attorney client privilege.
23. Return to Open Session- Motion to return to open session.
24. Adjournment – Motion to adjourn.