Polk County Board of Commissioner Feb. 19 agenda
Published 11:34 pm Sunday, February 18, 2018
Editor’s note: following is the agenda for the Polk County Board of Commissioner meeting on Monday, Feb. 19. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in the R. Jay Foster Hall of Justice, located on the second floor of the Womack building in Columbus.
- Call to Order – Chairman Johnson
- Invocation – Commissioner Gasperson
- Pledge of Allegiance – Commissioner Melton
- Approval of Agenda – Agenda items may be added and/or deleted at this time. Motion to approve.
- Consent Agenda
- February 5, 2018, regular meeting minute approval.
- FY 18/19 Budget Calendar approval.
- Drug and Alcohol Policy Addendum approval.
- Transportation Title VI Program Plan review.
Motion to approve consent agenda.
- Citizen Comments on Agenda Items
- Citizen Comments on Non-Agenda Items
- Foothills Housing Partnership Community Update – Vice-Chairman Yoder requested this item be added to the Agenda. David Graham, Executive Director will present the information.
- Polk County Law Enforcement Facility Construction Update – Paul Luzier, Moseley Architects will present the information.
- Business Development Update – Brian Griffin, Business Development Director will be present.
- Recreation Advisory Board Bylaws – To consider approval of the Recreation Advisory Board revised bylaws. Jerry Stensland, Recreation Director, will be present. Motion to approve.
- Manager’s Report – 1) Speed Limit change request update from North Carolina Department of Transportation. 2) Saluda Library Teen Space Grand Opening, February 22, 2018, 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm (ribbon cutting at 4:30 pm).
- Volunteer Boards for Vote – Polk County Planning Board 4 applications, 2 vacancies.
- Volunteer Boards for Review – Economic and Tourism Development Commission 1 applicant, 1 vacancy.
- Commissioner Comments
- Closed Session – Motion to go into closed session for Economic Development.
- Return to Open Session- Motion to return to open session.
- Adjournment – Motion to adjourn.