Tryon Beer Fest announces presenting sponsor and T-shirt design contest for 2017
Published 10:00 pm Friday, March 10, 2017
Save the date for November 4 for Tryon Beer Fest. The Tryon Beer Fest committee and Tryon Downtown Development Association are pleased to announce that New View Realty will once again be the presenting sponsor of the sixth annual event. In celebration of another great year, and a number tantamount with beer, the committee will host its first ever T-shirt design contest. Designs are due by May 1 and must follow the following guidelines:
• Designs must be original creations by the artist.
• The design will be for the back of the t-shirt, see past t-shirts designs for ideas. The design should not exceed 11 inches wide by 14 inches tall.
• The design should reflect the spirit of the festival, see past t-shirt designs for ideas
• The design should be limited to four colors, if possible.
• One artist may submit multiple designs accompanied by one application.
• The ideal design will have bright colors, clean lines, and will be suitable for screen printing on a colored shirt.
• The design must incorporate the year, 2017, and the name of the festival: Tryon Beer Fest.
• Concept drawings are welcome, but should include enough color and detail to attract the judges.
• Computer files in PDF format are welcome for judging purposes.
• Designs that are scalable vector images or easily converted will be ideal.
• Include application with entry.
• If your design is chosen as the overall winner, the Tryon Beer Fest committee may request the original art and/or native files, and reserves the right to alter or update artwork to best fit the needs of the festival.
• Prizes are four Tryon Beer Fest tickets for first place; two beer fest tickets for second place; one beer fest ticket for third place overall.
• The beer fest committee will confirm the winning designers and notify all winners on or before June 15.
• Designers eligible to win must be over 21 years old.
More information can be found at tryonbeerfest.com.
– article submitted by Jamie Carpenter