Polk County Board of Commissioner’s Monday, May 19 agendaPublished 10:00pm Friday, May 16, 2014
Publisher’s Note: following is the agenda for the Polk County Board of Commissioner meeting scheduled for Monday, May 19. The meeting begins at 7 p.m on the second floor of the Womack building in Columbus.
1. Call to order – Chair Owens
2. Invocation – Vice-Chair Gage
3. Pledge of Allegiance – Commissioner Gasperson
4. Approval of agenda – Agenda items may be added and/or deleted at this time.Motion to approve.
5. Approval of minutes – Approval of the May 5, 2014, regular meeting minutes. Motion to approve.
6. Green River Vineyard Road construction project – Dawn Jordan, Interim Ag Economic Development Director, will discuss the completed project. Citizen comments.
7. April refund request – Melissa Bowlin, Tax Administrator, will present the refund request. Motion to approve.
8. National Foster Care Month (May) resolution – Lou Parton, DSS Director, Jackie Johnson, social work supervisor and Jennifer Pittman, social worker, will give a presentation. Citizen comments. Motion to approve.
9. Fire departments and rescue squad contracts – Bobby Arledge, Emergency Management Director, will present the contracts for vote. Citizen comments. Motion to approve.
10. Polk County Schools budget amendment – early college – Interim County Manager Pittman will present the information. Motion to approve.
11. Social media policy – Interim County Manager Pittman will present the policy, which was reviewed during the April 22, 2014, regular meeting. Citizen comments. Motion to approve.
12. Smoky Mountain Center third quarter 2013/14 fiscal monitoring report – Interim County Manager Pittman will present the report. Citizen comments.
13. EMS building flag pole dedication – The event is scheduled for Wednesday, May 21, 2014, at 10 a.m. Citizen comments.
14. Volunteer board for vote – Library Board of Trustees – one application, two regular vacancies; Mental Health Advisory Board – two applications, three regular vacancies. Motion to approve.
15. Citizen comments on non-agenda items
16. Commissioner comments
17. Closed session – Motion to go in to closed session for the purpose of attorney-client privilege, GS 143-318.11(a)(3).
18. Return to open session – Motion to return to open session.
19. Adjournment – Motion to adjourn.