Agenda for Sept. 9 Polk County Board of Commissioners meetingPublished 9:14pm Thursday, September 5, 2013
Editor’s note: Items two through nine include the call to order, invocation, pledge of allegiance, approval of minutes and approval of agenda. The Bulletin will print the board of commissioners’ agendas at the editorial staff’s discretion prior to each meeting.
1. Polk County Transportation Authority Rural Operating Assistance Program (ROAP) Funding Application – To hear public comment on the ROAP funding application for FY 2014. Dianne Timberlake, Transportation Director, will give the presentation.
10. Polk County Transportation Authority Rural Operating Assistance Program (ROAP) Funding Application – For consideration subsequent to the public hearing.
11. Sheriff’s Department Canine – K9 Officer Ronnie Russell will introduce Ike, the department’s new German Shepherd.
12. POW/MIA Recognition Day Proclamation – Polk County Memorial VFW Post No. 9116 Ladies Auxiliary President Joyce Preston will present the proclamation.
13. Military Suicide Awareness Month Resolution – Mrs. Preston will present the resolution.
14. Turner Shoals Dam Inspection Proposals – David Odom, County Engineer, will present the proposals.
15. Budget Amendments – Sandra Hughes, Finance Director, will present the amendments. 1) [If AECOM proposal is approved by BOC] BA No. 8, Capital Reserve, Dam Repair, Water Enterprise Fund, $32,290 – To transfer amounts reserved for dam repair to the water operating fund. Motion to approve. 2) BA No. 15, Insurance (Non-Department), $14,820 – Moving budget from liability insurance to workman’s comp to match budget to actual costs. Motion to approve. 3) BA No. 1 (Addition), Schools, $65,797 – To increase revenues and expenditures for unspent approved ADM project in the current year.
16. Subdivision Ordinance – Density Within Cluster Developments & Environmental Checklist – Vice-Chair Owens asked that this item be placed on the agenda for the BOC to consider instructing the Planning Board to review the cluster density requirements and the environmental checklist.
17. Hwy. 74 Interstate Designation – Vice-Chair Owens will give a PowerPoint presentation on changing the Hwy. 74 designation.
18. Manager’s Report – Interim County Manager Pittman will discuss county-owned property to be declared surplus.
19. NCACC 2013 Annual Conference – Chair Michael Gage will present an overview of the conference recently held in Greensboro, N.C.
20. Volunteer Boards for Vote – Columbus Fire District Tax Commission – one application, three regular vacancies; JCPC – one application, two regular vacancies; Mental Health Advisory Board – one application, three regular vacancies; Recycling Advisory Board – one application, one regular and one alternate vacancy; Transportation Advisory Board – one application, one regular vacancy; Tryon Fire District Tax Commission – one application, 3 regular vacancies.
21. Volunteer Boards for Review – Animal Cruelty Investigators – 8 applications, BOC determines total membership; Columbus Fire District Tax Commission – two applications, two regular vacancies; Tryon Fire District Tax – two applications, two regular vacancies. 22. Citizen Comments on Non-Agenda Items 23. Commissioner Comments