Polk County Board of Commissioners’ March 4 regular meeting agendaPublished 2:03pm Friday, March 1, 2013
Editor’s note: The first five agenda items include the Call to order, invocation, pledge of allegiance, approval of minutes and approval of agenda. The Bulletin will print the Board of Commissioners agendas at the editorial staff’s discretion prior to each meeting.
6. Foothills Humane Society – Selena Coffey, Executive Director, will give the update. Citizen comments. Pages 8-9.
7. United Way’s 2-1-1 – Linda Greensfelder, Polk F3 Chair, will give a presentation. Citizen comments. Pages 10-17.
8. EMS Medical Director Contract – Interim County Manager Pittman will present the contract for approval. Citizen comments. Pages 18-19.
9. EMS Director and Emergency Management Director/Fire Marshall Job Descriptions – Interim County Manager Pittman will present the job descriptions for approval. Citizen comments. Pages 20-25.
10. Meeting Packet Presentation/Projection – Commissioner Gasperson asked that this item be placed on the agenda. Citizen comments.
11. 2013 Audit Contract – Dixon Hughes – Finance Director Sandra Hughes will present the 2013 audit contract. Citizen comments. Pages 26-39.
12. Grant Project Budget Ordinance, Budget Amendment & Addition – Sandra Hughes will present the budget ordinance. Budget Ordinance CYP/Fendrich Industries, $904,374 – To fund approved project application and economic incentive from 8/20/12 BOC meeting; to amend grant project to include all sources and uses. Citizen comments. Motion to approve. BA #8, Water Capital Project Transfer, $33,864 – Appropriate fund balance for the cost of a change order to the Columbus Interconnect project to install a waterline to serve the fire hydrant at the Mill Spring VFD. Citizen comments. Motion to approve. Addition #9, Elections, $6,782 – To increase revenue and expense for a grant received to reimburse elections contract labor. Citizen comments. Motion to approve. Pages 40-47.
13. Manager’s Report – Western Highlands FY 2013 2nd Quarter Fiscal Monitoring Report. Citizen comments. Pages 48-50.
14. Volunteer Board for Vote – Board of Equalization & Review – 7 applications, 5 regular vacancies. Citizen comments. Pages 51-58.
15. Volunteer Boards for Review – Recreation Advisory Board – 1 application, 1 regular vacancy. Recycling Board – 1 application, 1 regular vacancy. Pages 59-60.
16. Citizen Comments on Non-Agenda Items
17. Commissioner Comments
18. Closed Session – Motion to go into closed session for the purpose of personnel, G.S. 143-318.11(a)(6).