Sol Driven concert tonight moved to SunnydalePublished 1:29pm Friday, August 10, 2012
The Summer Tracks Sol Driven Train show tonight, Friday, Aug. 10, has been moved indoors to Sunnydale, the recently remodeled log building located at 334 S. Trade St. between the IGA and the Dollar General, organizer Peter Eisenbrown has announced.
“I’m making the decision early today so everybody can arrange to go to Sunnydale for the concert instead of Rogers Park,” Eisenbrown said. “All the weather reports show a 60-percent chance of rain starting later this afternoon and through the evening.”
The venue can hold 240 people and it is fine to bring the picnics or coolers that you planned to bring to Rogers Park. Eisenbrown said J.R. Wood Fired Pizza will be there tonight as well. You may bring your chairs, but there are also 100 chairs at the venue or you can sit on the floor or dance.
“I have already been involved with one other show at Sunnydale and the acoustics are fine for a concert,” Eisenbrown said.
Parking at Sunnydale
Parking should not be an issue at Sunnydale. Please follow these guidelines:
• Spaces immediately in front of the building should be left open for older folks or people who cannot walk as far.
• Dollar General Store is next door and we can use the side parking spaces there while the store is open. Do not park in front of the store.
• Immediately to the left of Sunnydale there are three connected stores, including the ABC store, with parking in front of them. There is a stairway to that lower lot next to Sunnydale, and all of those spaces can be used.
• Across the street there is a white retail-office building that is currently unoccupied and it is OK to park in that lot.
• The Polk County Community Foundation is also across the street and there are a lot of spaces there as well.
• McCown St.: This is now a one-way street along the RR Tracks leading into Tryon and there are around 24 brand new parking spaces there. It’s a very short walk.
- article submitted by Peter Eisenbrown